Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fun times....

Two things made my 1-day weekend bearable this past weekend:

1. Watching the Patriots beat the Jets with my trash-talking Jets fan friend. That was nice. :-)

2. Making these: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/chocolate-pecan-cobbler-recipe/index.html
Paula Dean's Chocolate Cobbler. Holy bessie all that is good and evil in one bite!!!!! And it's super easy. And only has 6 tablespoons of butter, so it's healthy :-).

Mock me if you want, but I'm listening to drum corps music while I work. It's necessary to keep one's mind sane on occassion. Youtube was a great invention.

Here's some kick-ass music. Sorry, but there's no other way to describe it. I have this one on CD, and love it. It's only the last half of the show. I would have LOVED to be in this show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frf-_HPLdD8&NR=1

I would love to have been in the room for this one, that's some serious brass power:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UznoFAuOBNg&feature=related

I have this one on CD too. I don't normally go for Phantom shows, they're too over-done. But this ending seriously gives me goose bumps when I listen to it (at around the 8:00 mark):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nQc_aiqWrg&feature=grec_index

No comments: