
And my trip to the grocery store entailed getting all this:
And because I am doing my best to avoid drugs, I'm also learning about all the natural ways you can fix these problems. When I was put on a drug for high cholesterol a few years ago, it about killed me. I had cramps and pain I wouldn't wish on anyone, and I couldn't stand up. All were side affects noted on the paperwork for the drug, but the doctor insisted it couldn't be that. So I quit doing the drug and just started eating better, and low and behold, my cholestrol numbers dropped. Funny thing is, I told the doctor this, and he swore it was because of the drug. Whatever. My body does not like all these fancy "I fix one problem but cause 5 others" drugs, so I'm going the au naturale route. It takes a little effort with reading labels, and doing some research, but I'm learning. Like for instance, licorice tea helps cure ulcers. Peppermint tea helps with digestion pain. Garlic cures many things. Eating plain yogurt with blackberries and nuts provides a good portion of protein and fiber four your day. And so forth.
Now, don't take this to mean I've gone cold turkey off the good stuff. I get tempted every now and then. Like when these ended up in the same shopping cart as the above items:
I'm human, what can I say. :-)
2 comments:
Sheesh Kelli, I am so sorry. You and maddox should write a book about your combined intestinal issues. I hope all your efforts are rewarded and you feel LOADS better soon.
Love ya!
oh the musical fun you will have with all of that fiber!! But seriously the fiber one bars are pretty dang tasty! And the activia yogurt saved my intestines when I was pregnant with Chase. Dad's a big fan too :)
Post a Comment