Speaking of camouflage, notice my sneaky way of getting these pictures.
My co-workers give me a hard time for picking an office that faces the street so I can watch the soldiers do their training runs. This occurs once a week. Honestly, I did not plan this. I just picked an office that got some good light and faced the job site. This is just an additional view. And I'm not arguing.
Lastly, and most important for this post, the garage is done. I felt like adding some more colorful and descriptive words to that statement, but chose to do the better thing, respecting the eyes of those who choose to read this.
We got the permit signed off on the 12th, a mere 14-1/2 months after we broke groung on the stupid thing. It was an adventure, to say the least. But we are glad to have it.
It still isn't completely done. The power the garage door is currently using is run from an extension cord to the back of the house. In Washington, the power is a separate permit, so we still need to get that taken care of. But the garage is structurally signed off.
We painted it last weekend when we got some of the most gorgeous weather I've seen out here. Especially for a February. It was near 60 and sunny for a week straight. The problem is we painted it the wrong color. Karl pulled out the extra paint from the house, and we painted an entire wall before realizing we were using the color of the trim on the house, not the wall paint. But I am so done with this thing, I said who cares and kept going. So our house is grey, our garage is a yellowish color. It works.
Yes, I'll be repainting it later.
Anyway, you can see we've moved in and are fully making use of the new structure.
On to finishing the landscaping around it!
1 comment:
I heard mismatched paint is the newest thing
Post a Comment