Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ruminating....

I'm going to steal Jessie's idea of random thoughts for this entry...

I'm at work by myself at 7:30 at night. I "won" the next three nights to be on site while we have two guys spraying noxious smelling stuff in one of the buildings till 11:00. Fun times. I'll entertain myself with writing this entry, reading the internet, and maybe watching some movies. Gotta love getting paid to do nothing.

My co-worker sent an e-mail to the lady that handles access passes for the workers to get on the Army base, and she used the word "herewith". In the return e-mail, the lady made some smart aleck response to Brenda's choice of words. So we decided Brenda would use the thesaurus from now on when sending e-mails to this lady, making sure to use as many big words as possible. So I did the same for the title to my entry here. Fun times looking through a thesaurus.

I find it funny when a General or a Colonel comes around, everyone gets all giddy, like Santa Claus is coming. We had a 1-star General visit our job site yesterday, and his group included some high ranking people. Our office was all excited to see the guy come in, and our project manager and superintendent got to walk around with him. I will admit, I was looking out my window when he showed up. What I find funny is that we are civilians, we don't salute, or live the Army codes. But we all still say "sir" and address him with authority. Whatever works I guess.

Shanequa is back. Shanequa would be my car. She decided when it got to 100 degrees out that she would blow the device that controls the motor temperature, and thus overheat. So she's been parked for the last two weeks. We finally got her fixed, and she's back on the road, looking pimp as always. Jessie and I came up with her name. My friend was calling my car the princess, but the car has too much attitude for that. And Karl thought the car was female, but one with a whole lot of attitude. Fitting for me! After tossing some ideas around, Jessie came up with Shanequa. I'll call her Q for short. Q is one bad chica car!
Karl experienced something I don't think he was remotely ready for over the last two weeks - only having one vehicle in the yard. It was quite the shock to him. We sold the Accord a few weeks ago, and he loaned his F150 to a friend. So we were down to his Tundra. It took a little coordinating, and fortunately he still had the motorcycle, or we would have been up a creek. But I had to laugh a little at how lost he seemed at times.

Before you go buy drugs for some bodily ailment or infection, do a little research to see if garlic covers it. I'm telling you from personal experience, garlic fixes things you'd never guess it would. And there's a lot it fixes. What harm do you have in trying? $1.00 for a head of garlic vs. $20.00 for some drug.
If you'll recall, back in June I posted that Karl and I splurged on some tickets to a Storm game that were right behind the bench. Well, this past weekend we did our other splurge for the season - we sat front row right next to the bench. It was pretty fun. We got to high-five the players when they came out for introductions before the game. Karl was upset because Ashley missed his hand. Furthermore, during the game, Janelle smiled at him twice! So he's thinking about leaving Ashley and going for Janelle. I think I heard she was engaged. Then again, he's married. Whatever.
At one point, Sue was getting ready to throw the ball in right in front of us, and she was bent over holding her knees. I told Karl he should reach out and give her a little tap on the butt. He looked at me like I was crazy. I know it had already crossed his mind :-).
One of the funnest parts of sitting that close to the action is hearing the players talk. We heard some conversations and comments not made for family listening, which was pretty funny. Can't say I was miss clean-mouth when I played. Sorry Mom and Dad. Anyway, it was fun sitting that close to the action. Here's some photo's:

Well, it's 8:00, and I'm already tired. Not good. Three hours to go. I found a poker game on my cell phone the other day that has kept me very entertained during meetings. Perhaps I'll do that and learn how to throw away my tens of dollars. Maybe being at work by myself at 8:00 at night isn't so cool. What things we do for employment...

2 comments:

jess dixon said...

I like your random thoughts. I laughed out loud at your suggestion that Karl should tap Lindsay's butt.

Thomas Family said...

Kelli, Nick was wondering if garlic worked for flatulant-type problems...