Saturday, July 25, 2009

Musings

Since it is 90 degrees outside today, and I slept in till 9:30, I have been pretty much just hanging out around the house today. In the one room that has air conditioning - my bedroom. After re-arranging my desk area because Karl found the one spot in our house that gets acceptable internet service, I decided to updated our goings-on.

First, I must say good-bye to my friend. Though it was expected, and we've figured it was going to happen for the last six months, Abe finally decided he had completed his task here on earth. He became part of the family in no way any of us thought possible, and we all cried when the phone call came. Thanks for all the memories friend, you will be missed.
We did our family reunion in Salt Lake at the beginning of July. It was good fun, and always a blast getting together with the whole family. Karl and I drove down, it took about 13 hours split over two days. So not bad, nice and relaxing. We were the last to arrive, with the others getting there a few days earlier. We found plenty of activities to do, including jumping on the trampoline, going to the park for water fights, fireworks, hanging out with some family friends, and just hanging out and visiting at Mom and Dad's.

On Saturday, Dad, Jeff, Keyan, Karl and I played 9 holes of golf. I had an interesting time, in that I managed to strain a muscle in my neck on my third swing on the driving range, before we even started playing. Despite not being able to turn my head, I managed to score 2 pars. Not bad considering I haven't played in nine months. The funny part was 5 year old Keyan. It was his first time on a real golf course, and he did so good. He was hitting straight and long shots. By the sixth or seventh hole, Karl finally gave up and had Keyan hitting his tee shots and putts. Karl is new to the game, and is having difficulty understanding it's not about power, it's about control. That doesn't speak to his manhood. Whatever. Anyway, we had a good time.
I didn't get a whole lot of pictures, but here's a few:
Good luck to Jeff and Alissa on this one. He's super cute, and super mischevious.
How is Jefferson always ready for the perfect picture?
Ada is waiting her turn...
Not quite sure what Brynna is up to here, but don't mess with her.
Jessie cheesin'.
KB chillin'.
The grandkids acting like themselves...
We saw this sign up in the mountains at whatever ski resort we were at. Seems to go without saying, but....
Though we spent the majority of our time with my family, we did get a visit in with Karl's sister's family. We had a good time hanging out. We went to the race track out in Tooele and watched the motorcycles race for a little while, then went and played on the go-kart track. Talk about fun! The karts got up to 50 mph on the straights, which made for some fun racing. The best moment was when I was going into a corner and my kart decided not to turn. I couldn't figure out why, and ended up spinning out. When I came to a stop, the front tire fell off. Go figure. It was pretty funny. I got a new kart, and we kept going.

It was a good trip, but we were glad to get home. We have a garage to finish. Which is almost done. We took a break from the garage last weekend, and got in a motorcycle ride, some hanging out, and sold the Accord. It was a busy weekend.

A crazy thing happened this week. I don't know if this made national news, but there was a shooting on the Fort Lewis Army Base on Wednesday. Which is random, because loaded weapons are not allowed on Post. Anyway, it happened at lunch time at the PX, which is basically a big shopping area and restaurant center location. Brenda and I usually go to eat there once a week at the same time it happened. We happened to decide that day to go off Post for lunch. We got a phone call while out and about telling us it happened. Needless to say, it left both of us a little freaked.

Anyway, that's my life in a nutshell over the last few weeks.
One last thing, for Skye. While looking through some photo's, I found this:


To my Sista in the 'hood!

1 comment:

Skye said...

KELLI! I love the picture!!! Such wonderful memories!!! And i'm so sorry about Abe...i actually remember you talking about him. :(