Friday, September 2, 2011

Huh?!

It was 39 degrees last night in my neck o' the woods. The heater has come on in my house almost every morning this week. That's just not right!

And since it's now about time for fall, our summer decided it might come around. It hit 80 degrees for a few days last week. Then it dropped into the 60's and 70's this week. Starting tomorrow, we're supposed to hit 80 degrees every day for a week! In September. Who needs a summer when it's supposed to be summer, right?

I realized the other day that the summer months have passed me by. This year for some reason, I think I went from April to September, and didn't catch the months in between. I don't know if that's due to work or what. I'd venture a guess it is a lot to do with the fact it never got warm here. So it couldn't feel like summer. Whatever. It does make me a little sad I didn't get to enjoy summer a whole lot.

I don't feel like doing anything work-ish right now, so you're getting my two thoughts.

I had a showing of my house this week, the second one since I listed it. In April.... Slow's the word, I guess. I haven't heard any results from that, probably because my realtor isn't speaking with me right now. I think I managed to piss her off yesterday. I sent her an e-mail telling her someone came by. She responded by telling me I should probably drop the price on the house, since it's still listed on the high end of things, and hasn't seen any movement. So I responded and asked what she thought I should drop it too, bearing in mind I don't have a lot of wiggle room in price due to what I owe on it. I'm already basically at the limit. She responded by saying again that I should lower the price, and if I can't, maybe consider a short sale if I can't get what I owe on it.
So that non-answer ticked me off, I've been in a bad mood this week anyway. My response was - I COULD get what I owe on it, but the banks and realtors insist on getting their fees. But since the banks and realtor insist on taking their cut of my profit, then I can't lower my price.
Amen.
Haven't heard a word since.
Thus is the state of the housing market. But since I now know I don't HAVE to sell my house RIGHT NOW, I will let it sit on the market. And come October, when my contract with this putz of a realtor runs out, I'm putting a new sign in their spot. See ya chicka!! At least I get the tax write-off on the interest till it sells.
I guess I'll go do something productive now. I am glad we have a 3 day weekend now, I need the sleep. I played a little too much last weekend, and managed to somehow give myself a cold this week. So I'm looking forward to sleeping in and watching some football this weekend. Hope you all have a fantabulous weekend!!

No comments: