Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!!

Again, I have failed to mail a card or anything to celebrate a parent's day. At least this time I can blame it on an insanely busy week in which I'm lucky I remembered where I live, let alone to get a card out. So I'll mimick my effort I did with Mom, and just post some photos.

I managed to find a few photos of Dad, but must admit we need to take more of him. He was always the one running the camera or camcorder when we were growing up, so we have a million photos of us and Mom, but not many of him. And of course, now it's all about the grandkids. So to my siblings, let's make sure to get some with Dad when we're all together in a couple of weeks.

I can't find many compromising photos of Dad, he's more adept at avoiding the potential blackmail photos. So I'll just go with what I've got. Here, you can see he started me young in the teachings on how to be a good business person (that is a Business Week magazine, circa 1975):
Apparently I was quite thrilled with what I had been taught. Or I was secretly laughing at those pajamas. :-)
A common site on a Sunday evening, Dad lounging and catching up on last Monday's newspaper. He's always a little behind on his paper reading. And what better headdress than a furry little friend. Apparently Abe was getting smart too. Dad's always about teaching. :-)

And last summer, most of our family made it to Bear Lake for a few days of fun. Dad's always one to get out and try stuff with us kids. We didn't get him on a tube, but he did have fun piloting the Skido's later.

Thanks for all you do Dad, hope you have a wonderful day!!

No comments: