I'm bored. And burnt. I'm at the tail end of my day of work on a Saturday. I had to be in to work yesterday at 6 am. Which meant waking up at 4 am. We had a concrete pour yesterday, which started at 6:30. Since both my superintendent and safety guy were gone yesterday, I got to be here till it was done. Normally we would trade off - one person in early, the other stays late. Lucky me we chose to do a ginormous pour on the day everyone took off. Fortunately it finished earlier than expected. We were thinking we'd be here till 10 or 11 last night. We rolled out at 7:15. But, we had to be back at 7:30 this morning to saw cut the concrete. Since I live over an hour away, my company was nice enough to foot the bill on a hotel here so I wasn't driving home to get a little sleep and then drive back. I must say, the sleep I got last night, then not having to drive that far to get here, couple with only having 5 people here, I have had quite the productive morning. Maybe working on Saturday's is a good idea.
I'll think about that one........ (you know I will in no way entertain this idea unless I have to :-)...)
Anyway, here's some photos from the pour:
When we started at 6:30 am
As we got going:

I just thought this was a cool picture, maybe I'm just weird in thinking this. Big concrete pours tend to get us construction nerds a little excited.

My electrician decided to turn the camera on me, since I take photos of pretty much everything he installs:

So, an update on L'il Blue.

She went in for surgery for hopefully the last time this past week. She now has a new transmission, new radiator, a new part on the timing belt assembly, a new fuel valve, and a new condensing drain line. My out of pocket expenses for all of this:
$97.75 for the drain line
$275 for rental cars
Not bad, eh? I would say the $2,500 I paid for the extended warranty was worth it. That's probably $6k or $7k worth of work right there. So now I have a truck that has 77k miles on it, and brand new innards. I'll take that. It should last a little while now.
I was hoping by the time I finished this, my subcontractor would be gone. No such luck. I think a phone call is in order... :-).
1 comment:
That is a sweet truck! I need a new car. Sigh . . . .
Post a Comment