For good measure, here's a picture I took a week ago (same view as pic #1 above):
So I haven't updated in a while because nothing has really been happening. I thought I was getting prepared for winter, but that didn't happen. My travel bag in my truck has summer clothes in it. Guess I'm going shopping tonight since it's not supposed to get out of the 20's tomorrow.
Work is going well. We're finally moving on both sites, though you can't tell too much is happening. We just started putting up CMU walls on the one building. We're still doing underground stuff at the other. So we're still basically sitting around twittling our thumbs. I have had some things to bug people about, especially since interiors are more my specialty. So the nice Kelli will be coming out soon...... :-).
How about this spagetti mess. Can you see which conduit goes where?
L'il Blue has been getting her innards repaired over the last weeks. She was in to the doctor last week for the new radiator and timing belt fix. She was supposed to go in today for her new transmission, but that got put off till next week due to the weather. Soon enough she'll be all fixed up and almost new. I'm just glad I'm getting all this done with minimal moneys out of my wallet.
The refi on the house is in it's final stages, so I will soon be a single home-owner. That thought scares the living daylights out of me, but I'll manage. I guess it's a good thing in one sense - it means I am an adult and have big girl responsiblities. I don't know that I like this though.
Other than that, my co-worker and I are sitting here wishing the minutes away so we can leave. Not that I have anywhere exciting to go. But still, anything is better than work, right?
I'm going to update this 4 hours after I wrote the preceding. I decided to stay in Lakewood tonight, rather than drive home. I tussled with the idea, since the roads looked fine and I really didn't want to pay for a hotel room. But I had this little voice in my head saying it was the right decision - I may be fine tonight, but tomorrow is going to be a doozy. So I stopped at Old Navy and bought a sweater, went to Target and got a brush/scraper for my truck, checked into the hotel, and went to eat. In the 45 minutes I was in the restaurant, the snow went nuts. I went in and it was spitting ice pellets. I came out and a blizzard had blown in, leaving over an inch of snow on the ground and the wind blowing like crazy. In most parts of the country, that's nothing. Here.... that's insanity! I had to put the truck in 4-wheel drive, which was amazingly better than any 2-wheel drive I've driven in snow. In the mile between hotel and restaurant, I saw 1 truck do a complete 360 in the middle of the street between me and another oncoming car because he thought it would be okay to dart into traffic. Then I saw another car try to get to fancy, went sliding, and missed a pole by inches. The news has been fascinating - all the main roadways, including I-5, have been shut down. So no one is going anywhere. Literally. I don't think I have ever seen anything like this. I am so glad that for once I listened to that voice in my head. Fort Lewis is one designation away from being closed tomorrow. That would be interesting, I may get a snow day. With the roads already iced over, more snow coming, and the winds picking up to 30-40 mph, I'm thinking the roads aren't going to get any better. Should be an interesting morning!
1 comment:
Holy cow!! I'm so glad you stayed the night. Nothing freaks me out more than driving in horrible weather. Be safe!
Post a Comment