So as of 2:30 today, I will officially be unemployed again. This one stands to last longer than 24 hours though, unlike the last time I played this game. The contract I'm working under officially expires today, and there's no fixes for now. They supposedly have one, but it could take months to get it in place. The funny thing about this is when the field rep for my company told me this, and didn't understand my dis-interest in sitting around for months waiting to see if I have a job or not. He actually asked me, "can't you go on unemployment?" And we wonder why our unemployment and welfare systems are so jacked up.
Anyway, I could be back here in a few weeks, or I could be elsewhere. I am talking to one of the contractors we're overseeing right now about coming on their team. I'd rather not, that means going back to endless hours and stress. But it's a job. My other option is to wait for the Corps to post their job openings, which are supposedly going to happen soon. They said that 4 weeks ago. And those aren't a guarantee, despite having spoken with the head of the Corps at Fort Lewis and having several employees vouch for me. Stupid hiring system the government has. So I am going to take a few weeks off, relax and play around the house a little, maybe play some golf, then go to Utah for a week or so and hang out with the family. Hopefully I won't go too stir crazy.
Now on to other thoughts. Has anyone ever been listening to the radio and had a song come on and thought, "they sang that on an episode of Glee!" That show is ruining my radio listening. But it sure is funny. Sometimes I think it would be fun to be Sue Sylvester.
So I went for a bike ride last night. Here's how my brain went:
The weather is nice, perhaps I should go for a ride instead of the treadmill tonight.
Need motivational music to push me through.
Are you sure you want to tackle the hill today? Perhaps not the best idea just yet.
Boy it's nice to get out in the fresh air. Okay, I do that when I walk around a job site. This is different though.
I hope that dog doesn't come after my ankles again.
Okay, the hill is not much further. Turn around when you get to the hill.
Do I really want to turn around? I can do this.
Turn Around.
Turn AROund!
Turn AROUND!
TURN AROUND!!!!!! For the love of legs and lungs that will continue to function, TURN AROUND!!!!!!
Crap.....
Do I really have to go up that thing now?
Push through it, go go go go go!
And let a little smile out, even if you can't breath and your legs are going to laugh when you try to stand on them.
I'm going to miss my morning eye candy, a.k.a soldiers doing their morning PT. It's rather nice to live vicariously through them when it comes to exercise. I feel your pain, man. Keep going.
Ever opened your fridge to have some horrendous smell come out, and not be able to identify it's origin? Then clean out the fridge of anything that comes remotely close to causing the smell. Only to find the smell still there. Even though you have one of those baking soda smell-eater-upper things in there. Annoying.
In doing several inspections of one of the buildings lately, I've done a lot of research on how things get built to ensure people's safety. While most people go into a building and think of aesthetics, I look at how it's constructed. It really is amazing what goes into making a building safe, and how much we think about how people will get out in case of fire, earthquake, or other emergency when building it. It's not just studs and drywall my friends.
I don't know if I want to go out to eat for lunch, or eat my frozen dinner. Coin flip coming. Till next time....
3 comments:
That was so random and I loved it. And yes, after watching Glee I have finally noticed songs like Vogue by Madonna and Alone by Heart.
Just last week I was thinking that Finn should sing Jesse's girl, and then this week he did and it made me happy. I downloaded Total Eclipse of the Heart, I had to! I love you! Can't wait to see you!!
I firmly believe Glee was made just for me. But I'm glad you also get to enjoy it! ;0
Good luck with your job/no job/job.
Post a Comment