
I am in the midst of trying to figure out why my stomach is bugging me so much lately. I went to the doctor, and without any explanation, he gave me a prescription for a drug. I had to look on-line to see what this drug was for. Turns out I am being treated for an ulcer. I am not fully on board with this diagnosis, but I am not a doctor, so who knows. I thought I might be allergic to milk, thus the alternate versions of milk. Plus, Mom said you're not supposed to drink milk when you have an ulcer, it makes the pain worse. Based on recent experience, I would have to agree with that statement.
What I do know is I am now buying rice milk, whole foods, naturals foods, and anything else that doesn't have crap in it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not quitting normal food cold turkey..., that would be asking too much. I'll still enjoy a pre-packaged bag of chips or something. But the switch is on, and I now spend a little extra time in the grocery store reading labels. It's crazy what's in food these days. It's also crazy how many options there are now for healthier foods, you can even buy rice milk ice cream.
Whether or not this helps, we'll see. It better if I'm sacrificing a little flavor and a bit more money on this "special" food.
1 comment:
Sheesh!! I hope it works. I'm sorry you've been in pain. We can't wait to see you next week. Travel safely!!
Post a Comment