Yesterday, Karl and I went to Seattle to see the home opener for the Storm. We decided not to do season tickets this year, the cost was a bit high, and getting to and from games during the middle of the week wore on us the last few years. So we will catch what games we can this year. Yesterday, we splurged on tickets, and ended up with seats right behind the Storm bench. It was awesome. There are a handful of times I have missed coaching. This was one of them. It's a whole other experience sitting at floor level, seeing how fast and physical the game is. I listened to all the coaching talks at time-outs, and coach's comments during the game. The best one being on the first play of the game. It was a poorly executed post-up, and the coach turns and says: "What was that crap!" I miss those days.
Anyway, here's some shots of the game. This is the team before heading out to play:
My favorite player, LJ:
Karl's favorite players, Sue (#10):
And Ashley:
This one's for KB. Recognize #14?
The other part of our weekend consisted of Karl continuing to work on the garage. He and some buddies worked most of Saturday to get the roof trusses set, and the roof sheathing on. Here's a couple pictures:
I worked in the yard most of the day, mowing and weed whacking. I would never have guessed that was such tiring work, but I was feeling it Sunday. I think I still might not be 100% recovered from my surgery, too. So I spent Sunday feeling like I was going to be talking to the porcelain throne. Not fun. I'm still not feeling that great, so I played hooky from work today. Karl was feeling the wrath of his day as well, he was pretty dead Sunday.
All in all, a crazy busy weekend. But we accomplished a lot. What more can you ask for?
4 comments:
That is stinkin awesome! I totally understand the " not feeling complete without basketball" feeling, Emerson has it too.
oh man those are good seats...that's awesome
Tears, I miss Stanford and basketball!!
Sweet garage Kelli. Although once it's done, Karl will never emerge from it. Just played 3 hours of basketball the other day and I was in heaven. Played a little too hard because now I am sick.
Post a Comment