Let me start with the LJS. As many know, this place employed my Dad for a few years. I think we all like it more for the nostalgia than anything else, but the food is really good. And while I realize it's a fish place, I most like their chicken. During a conversation with my friend Christine, she noted she thought she had seen one in Olympia. I immediately looked this up on the internet, and low and behold, there it was.
It just opened this week. So guess where Karl and I went to dinner Wednesday night!? It took the sting out of the fact that a piece of the rear suspension of my car literally broke in half that day. Fun times! No worries, I made it safely to a Midas, where it currently sits until it gets fixed. Anyway, back on topic, I will surely visit LJS on occassion.
It just opened this week. So guess where Karl and I went to dinner Wednesday night!? It took the sting out of the fact that a piece of the rear suspension of my car literally broke in half that day. Fun times! No worries, I made it safely to a Midas, where it currently sits until it gets fixed. Anyway, back on topic, I will surely visit LJS on occassion.In the movie Simon Birch, Simon is playing look-out while Joe is sneaking around his school looking for something. At one point, Simon is hiding behind a locker, peers around the corner and finds himself nose to nose with a dog, turns around and says, "It's a horse!" Joe then looks to verify, and finds a ginormous dog. I use this story to define the donuts I found today. I was told this week that this donut shop in Lakewood has the best donuts. I happen to drive past this donut shop on the way to my chiropractor. I've resisted the urge up till I heard it was the best. So today, I decided to stop. Words can't describe these donuts. They were huge. I'm guessing about 9" diameter and 1-1/2" to 2" tall. Huge! I bought a few to take home, but ate one in the car. I have never had a better donut. It's a good thing this place is nowhere near our house.

Now that I've sufficiently supplied my sugar stores, I will go take a nap. You know that episode of Sienfeld when George builds a bed under his desk? Doesn't that sound like a great idea? I wish I had the nerve to try such a thing. But alas, I don't. I'll suffer a couple more hours, then head home.
2 comments:
oh my gosh i want one of those doughnuts! You Americans get all the good stuff down there!!! We have no LJS up here either!
JEALOUS!!!!!!
Post a Comment