Friday, January 23, 2009

The past resurfaces....

Okay, for those of you who didn't catch this on Facebook, here's a scary picture from years gone by. Yikes! Here's our conversation when it resurfaced, courtesy of an old friend:

Karl: Nice picture. How old were you then?!
Me: Um, junior year.
Karl: Laughs and walks off.

And a story for my mom. I'm doing this in a public forum to minimize the potential backlash. The guy that is third from the left was my "interest" at the time. His name was Kenny. I was only 15, so no dating. So one night, we wanted to hang out, but I couldn't. No dating. So I came up with a plan. I said, "mom, Kenny is having a party at his house, can I go?" My parents agreed, since it was party. Minor detail, I was the only one going. His mom was there, no biggee. Anyway, we hung out for a couple hours, then I went home.

The funny part is a few months later, while doing a fund raiser for band, we got paired with Kenny's mom for our time slot. Imagine my stress on this one! Especially when they introduced themselves, and realized it was his party I went to, but there wasn't actually a party, so his mom was confused, which made my mom confused, and I was trying to change the subject, while probably looking like a I was doing the pee-pee dance becasue I was so freaked out I would get caught. All was well though, we moved on in conversation before the truth came out. I've been living with that hanging over my head all these years :-). I'm free from the guilt now. I wish that was the level of stress I still had to deal with. Ahh, life as a young'n.

1 comment:

The Mostess said...

That's the Kelli I remember!