Well, today was one of those great days you don't think you'll ever see as an adult. A snow day from work!
This is outside our house. While it's only a few inches, in the Puget Sound, that's a lot. It actually started yesterday, and my snow day has lasted a day and a half. I went to a doctor appointment yesterday morning, and called to the job site after to see how the roads were. They said the Army base had closed to outside traffic, so I should go home! I wasn't going to argue. Then this morning they said don't come in till 10:00. When I finally left the house, I was turned around because of a car accident that blocked one of the ways out. I wasn't going to mess with the slick roads, so I called my boss and said I wasn't coming in.
So Karl decided to call in too. We've been enjoying our morning. He changed my tires to studded tires. We then went to breakfast in Shelton, and went to Walmart. As further proof of how stupid the DOT is here, we saw a plow truck driving down the road with the plow up and pouring sand out the back. This would be normal if the road was clear and icy. But no, it was snowing and the snow was collecting on the road. A plow was needed. Anyway, we are now going to start a fire in the fireplace and watch movies. Can't compain about that snow day!
3 comments:
Yay, for snow days! Nick's work also shut down :)
Man I miss Lexington snow days. We don't quite get those here in AZ!
Snow days are great as long as you get to stay home. I bet it is beautiful up at your house with the snow and the view! Hopefully you guys are still able to fly to Utah despite the crazy weather. Merry Christmas and safe travels!
Post a Comment