So, as you steadfast readers are aware, I am new to this whole internet "keep in touch" movement. I recently joined Facebook too. These are big steps for me. Even for Karl, even though he's not really doing any of this. He just hears my stories. Actually, he thinks I'm crazy with all this. We went to our friends Nick and Courtney's over the weekend, and Nick and Karl were baggin' on Courtney and I for doing the blog thing. Funny how both of them got sick that night....Don't dis on the blogging!
Anyway, since I'm at work, and really bored, I figured I'd post something. I was always a little leary of the whole internet movement to post your life story for all to see. You never know who's going to be lurking. But alas, I gave in and here I am. So after figuring out the whole concept of Facebook, I joined. And I have had a blast ever since. I just found a couple more friends on there that I haven't seen or talkd to in eons. Talk about blast from the past, and make me realize my age. Yikes! What's scary is how many people actually have been living right near where I do, or where I visit all the time. To think all these years I'd say "I wonder how so-and-so is doing?" I could have driven down the road to find out. It's amazing what technology has afforded us these days. Karl and I were talking the other day about the prophets of old who saw these days. After a few minutes of wondering what that would have been like, we said, "No wonder they fell into a stupor for three days!" Who could have imagined. The scary thing is I still remember getting my first e-mail account when the concept was just coming out. Now we have cell phones that show live tv. It's a crazy thing, but it sure is fun!
3 comments:
I know what you mean! I can't believe you were across one bridge for years. I would have loved to catch up with you in person if I had known you were here.
If you are ever in the area, please drop in and stay for a few days. :)
I know. I love it! It is so easy to stay in contact these days! I for one, am glad you have joined the blogging world!!
Yah, I say- serves them right for giving us a hard time! Nick thinks it was because of the chips and salsa that he ate. I think it was the hugely grotesque amount of Hawiian food they had at the Luau...what do you think? (my dad also got sick, and he had his fair share there too!)
Post a Comment