Other than that, still not a whole lot going on. We've met more people from here, and we're still getting the same responses on what to do around here - nothing. I will be shipping my Playstation back out here. And I've started watching DVD's of tv shows. Right now I'm on season 3 of Mad Men. Interesting show. It gets lots of buzz, but I don't really see it. It's good, but I wouldn't have kept watching it if I wasn't so bored. Any ideas on my next show, pass them on! I did find a few good shows on tv to DVR and watch. If you want an intense show, that gives a new appreciation for what the military is going through in Afghanistan, watch "Bomb Patrol: Afghanistan". Holy bessie, that show makes me nervous and jittery just watching it. I can't imagine what they are feeling. I also recently discovered a show called "Moonshiners". It's pretty funny. And educational. Not that I'm going to start a moonshining business.... ;-).
My project is finally going. We broke ground two weeks ago, though we are still basically just moving dirt around. So nothing exciting yet. About the only thing going on is the Corps annoying the heck out of us, and our project managers apparently wanting us to throw things at them. Our project managers don't seem to understand a schedule, because they are taking their own sweet time getting subcontractors signed up. Which is delaying us. And our Corps team are being pests about everything. This project is definitely going to be a challenge in dealing with them. I told my superintendent, Scott, the other day that he's going to have to give me occasional reminders to let it go, or shut my mouth. I have a tendency to tell the Corps what I think of them, which is not always productive. :-)
I am excited that I finally get to go home though, I leave tomorrow. It's been five weeks since I've been home, it's about time! I had originally gotten a ticket for Wednesday, because we were supposed to be going full-bore in the project by now. But since we're not, and I blame the project team for that, I bought a new ticket for Monday. And to top it off, I refuse to sit in a middle seat for a five and half hour flight. Since there weren't any seats other than middle seats left at such short notice, I am flying first class. Well, that and I'm taking a red-eye back. And I absolutely refuse to fly a red-eye in a middle seat. Then on Thursday of last week, we found out we finally got the state elevator inspector to come do the final inspection on my Ft Lewis project (yes, the one we finished three months ago). It's Monday. So my company said to change my ticket to fly home this weekend so I can be there for the inspection. So I'll spend Monday morning at Ft Lewis, which I can handle. At least I'll be home!!
I finally went to the dentist the other day. It's been a few months, ....plus some years...., since I've been .... and it showed. I figured I had a cavity or two, I can tell a couple of spots that are starting to hurt a little. I did not anticipate the plethora of cavities they found. So I get to look forward to dropping a little cash on some fixed up teeth when I get back. Merry Christmas to me!
Speaking of Christmas, this year I have just not felt it. I have a serious case of the bah humbugs. I blame it on the travel. I did put up a little tree and some lights in my apartment, but it's not my house with my decorations. And I didn't want to spend a lot of money on decorations when I have a whole bunch at home. It didn't even occur to me till yesterday that I didn't do any cards - sorry. Since I didn't forward my mail to this place, I haven't seen any cards, I'm guessing I'll have a little pile of mail when I get home. So I apologize for not reciprocating the seasonal thoughts you may have sent. It also does not in any way feel like Christmas here. It's been in the 60's in NC, and sunny. There's decorations out in some places, but otherwise, you'd never know it was almost Christmas if you didn't know it was December 17th. I will go all out next year, just to make up for this year!
Well, I have a few minutes of quiet going. I can watch this week's CSI. Hopefully that means they went out for the evening. Oh wait, never mind.....
1 comment:
The other day our neighbor installed suround sound against the wall that our bed is on and I hate him for it. After pounding a couple times he does turn it down, but not until 11:00. I wish we had a house.
Post a Comment