I'll do before and after's when the whole thing is done, but here's what I did this weekend. First, I woke up bright and early yesterday and removed the carpet, cushion, staples holding the cushion down, and the carpet strips. A couple of hours and a couple of seriously scratched up hands later, and this is what I had:

Then I went to Lowe's and got all the fixin's. Little did I know I had to prime the floor before I could stick the tiles down. So Saturday night I primed and let sit. Then I set the ipod to '80's music, and jammed away as I spent the majority of today tilling (yes, there was some singing along to NKOTB). And my body feels it. Holy bessie I'm tired. And sore. Anyway, here's some shots. It's not done, but at least it's most of the way. And it still needs to be grouted.
The two tile on either side of the door were my patience testers. Geometry is not my forte, so figuring out those shapes was a little trying. Each took two attempts, but they eventually got close enough. Nothing a little grout, caulk, or trim can't cover. I learn tricks at work. :-)
I still have to finish this side of the bathroom, and around the toilet. All kinds of custom fitting, yippee!.........
At least I'm finally getting this done. I figure with this, changing the light fixtures, and changing out the plumbing fixtures, I should have a somewhat updated master bath to impress people with when it comes time to sell. I must admit, even though my body aches a lot right now, I feel pretty good about this. It's kind of fun tackling a project and seeing what you can do. I'll get more photos posted as the project continues.
4 comments:
That looks AWESOME! Way to go She-ra!!
The floors look amazing!! YOU GO GIRL. I'm so sorry to hear about the divorce. I must have missed that from a previous post... because I just caught up on your blog and saw the information. You are such a strong, impressive woman. Take care of yourself. If you ever need a vacation from the cold, we're enjoying 75 degree weather here in Phoenix and we'd love to have you!
i don't know why they put carpets in bathrms, yuck! ours had it too and it was the 1st change we made, looks nice, good job! This wkend is our time to get a bunch of stuff ready for spring.
R u thinking of doing any other renos? if u ever need an extra hand let me know, we just got picked up for shore duty so we'll be here a few more yrs.
Lookin' good! Rockin' out to NKOTB....nice:)
Post a Comment