Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer cleaning

We always knew KB was an EL Fudge cookie. Check out the style, startin' at a young age...

KB's in da house! ..... Wha's up?

In my efforts to assist Karl in packing his stuff, I discovered how much crap I have. In all the moving I did with my job before getting married, I just kept everything in Tupperware bins, and moved it from place to place. I have finally decided that those tax returns from 1993 aren't necessary anymore. And those papers I wrote in college, not applicable in any way to my current career. And those chair cushions that I have been packing along for years because I might need them at some point in time, but have never once used, can probably go.

So I have a pledge with myself to do at least one hour of cleaning of crap a weekend. Today I managed to find the bin with a long lost picture collection, mostly from our time living in Wilbraham, Massachusettes. It was from '86 - '88 I think, Mom can correct me if I'm off. I think I may be the only Dixon kid old enough to remember most of our time there, which was plenty fun. Anyway, here's our crib, plush with Dad's pimp-mobile, a Chevy Chevette:

Us chillin' in the pool with some friends. When I drove by the house a few years ago, the pool was gone. Sad loss there, pleny of memories. Like KB trying to swim before she knew how to, and Dad jumping in boots and all to save her. And me being the lucky winner of the kid who was oldest and wisest on how to clean the thing every day!!
I'm looking pretty fly in my short shorts. That's me, hands in pockets. My basketball career started young, I actually still remember one of the plays our coach taught us.
Check out the chair fabric. At least this fabric wasn't removable so Mom could make another dress for me.... :-). Just playin' Mom. I think this below picture is Jessica. Fortunately she decided clothes were a good thing to wear.
And here's Beth, chilling on the porch, with her rad boom box and shades.
I don't have any of Jeff from MA, but here's one from Kentucky when he and I went hiking one day. Notice the hair, he did have some at one point in time. So young. Now he's old. Hee hee!!

And if Kaari reads this post, this is for you. I read one of hers recently that had me giggling over her music discussion. Well, in my bin scrounging today, I found a shoe box full of cassette tapes. Here's a sampling of music I listened to in high school. Scary!!
Though this does really make me want to go out and buy a tape player to listen to them. Can you even buy tape players anymore? If not, I'll have to check iTunes to see I if I can find them. I need to have some Marky Mark to thump to in my ride. :-)

6 comments:

The Lovells said...

Awesome!! But it was me that Dad jumped in to save. KB was the one that swam around with her floaty deflated.

Kelli said...

Hey, I'm old, my memory is not what it used to be. Perhaps I should start writing down my memories before the old-timers sets in. :-)

jess dixon said...

I've never seen pictures of that house before, so that's cool.
I'm cute.

Margie said...

It was both Kara and Beth on the same day that dad had to save. Beth went under the inner tube and couldn't get back up and Kara walked off the edge of the pool to get a ball that had gone over her head into the pool! Great times!

Terrific Thomas' said...

I know, I know, I am soooo fly! It's fun looking at the old pictures, but if I recall correctly you are the one who put me in those clothes. So, who is the EL Fudge?

The Mostess said...

Oh, I'm reading, and I'm appreciating!! I'm always down with Marky-Mark. Come on, come on--feel it! Feel it!

We were totally into music back in the day, and I can say I honestly still love most of the songs we listened to over and over and over again.

Love the old pics. Lots of fond KY memories. :)