Life is simple, it's just not easy. ~Author Unknown
I'm back into the swing of things, which is not much. I have taken a more active approach to my job search, especially now that I've hit week 7 of unemployment. It's really sad how little there is out there for jobs. So I am having little luck finding anyone who is hiring, as I'm sure most unemployed people in America are. I may have something coming up though. It is with my former company, and it's at Fort Lewis. The problem is it's with a contractor, which means back to the long hours and stupid stress. Those two things were inevitable to happen, but I kept wishing they wouldn't.
The stupid thing is it is only supposed to be for three months, then back to the unemployment line. I called the unemployment office to ask if there was a way out of this, why would I want to go to work knowing it was only for three months, when I could be using that time to look for a better opportunity? No go. Turns out if you are getting unemployment, you are required to take a job if it's offered to you, unless it has nothing to do with what you do, or the pay is nothing compared to what you were making. Even then, they can tell you to take the job. So the lesson there is - make sure you really do want the jobs you're applying to.
Anyway, so I'm supposed to find out tomorrow if I am supposed to start working on Wednesday. Fun times. The search will continue for a real job that will last a while.
On top of this fun, I woke up a couple of weeks ago with a tremendous pain in my upper back. I figured it was a rib out of place. So did my chiropactor. He popped it back into place, and off I went. A couple days later it was bugging me again. So back the the chiropractor. This was on a Friday. I woke up Saturday morning and could barely move my upper body, I was in a ton of pain. So I suffered for the remainder of the weekend before I could get back into the chiropractor. After a couple more days of popping my back and neck around, my right arm and finger tips started losing strength and going numb. Long story short, I'm now on week 2 of daily trips to the chiropractor for what is presumably a pinched nerve in my neck. I spent the weekend high on oxycodone left over from a surgery last year, just so I could function. And take naps, that stuff makes me tired. He's giving me two more days before he sends me to get an MRI. Given it's been 2 weeks, I'm not putting any money on it healing in 2 days. So this will coincide well with starting a new job... :-)!!
Today I will not imagine what I would do if things were different. They are not different. I will make success with what... I have. ~Author Unknown
Now the not so fun - say what! - part of the post. Some know about this already, most don't. We've managed to keep it pretty much under wraps. There's no real nonchalant way of saying it, so out it comes. Karl and I have decided to go our separate ways. It's been an interesting, fun, challenging, adventurous five years of marriage. We've learned a lot about each other, and about ourselves. The biggest things we learned, though, is that we are both workaholics at the wrong stuff. We worked on everything but what was important. And that made what was important suffer.
So Karl is moving back to Maine to be closer to his family, and I am looking for something somewhere in this country (though I hear Australia is nice...). Our house has been on the market for a few months. I'll stay with it as long as it's for sale or I have a job in Washington. Karl is heading out this weekend for his trek back across the country. It's going to be a challenge for both of us to deal with and understand why this happened. But it's also a new beginning for both, one that hopefully we can both make a successful adventure.
2 comments:
Nick and I are so glad we got to know both of you guys, and had so much fun! You guys are both awesome people. I know the future holds something wonderful for you both. Good luck on the job search! I hope we can stay in touch :)
lots of love, sister!! Lots of Love!!
Post a Comment