Sunday, May 3, 2009

Cinderelli, Cinderelli

As you may know, I am store bought. At least that's what my parents have told me, and my siblings, our entire lives. Jeff and Becca are too. For those not familiar with my family's sense of humor on the topic, that means we are adopted. I have always joked with my parents that they are lying, because I have a lot of the same traits as they do. I have also suffered a lot of the physical issues / problems they have. Look at a family picture, and I'm not the first one people pick out as being adopted.

That being said, my latest round of physical ailment has me really believing my parents are lying. Perhaps they are hiding the fact they were pregnant. Maybe they needed to justify their spending habits, and said they bought me. It's more expensive that an actual birth. No one was there to verify this. Maybe my Mom was a little delusional at the time, that salt air will get to you. She's always been a little weird, she does have an odd fondness for the Weather Channel. I think she was the alien in her family, not Marla. It was back when Dad was in the Army. They stay busy, he just didn't notice.

Who knows. What I do know is I am now going through the same thing Mom did back in the day, and I have to wonder how that can be coincidental. So, I beg of you Mom and Dad, please come clean. It's okay. It's been a lot of years (we won't say how many). The first step to any program is to admit your issue. We'll still accept you as our loving, yet sometimes a little weird, parents.

4 comments:

Terrific Thomas' said...

I agree, I think I'm the one who's adopted (being the only one without a hint of red hair) and they are just trying to make me feel better. You are stronger- I can't take the truth.

The Lovells said...

I vote for Kara too.

jess dixon said...

still a cruel cruel trick though. haha

The Mostess said...

Funny stuff!