Saturday, March 7, 2009

There are no words....


This would be my husband talking on his ham radio. Now, I haven't read any of the books on how to use a ham radio, but I'm guessing nowhere does it say standing on the kitchen counter is required. Furthermore, he's talking on the telephone to someone about ham radios while listening to his ham radio. And he says he's not a nerd......


On a different, yet just as funny, note, we went roller skating last weekend with our friends Nick and Courtney, and their son Morgan. Here's some evidence:
Karl was quite smooth on skates, I was impressed.

Karl doing the hokey-pokey. Yes, they still do that.

Nick, Morgan, and Karl (and some random girl) making their way around. This rink actually had strollers for kids who weren't comfortable going it on their own. Pretty smart.

Karl, Morgan, Nick, and Courtney. Karl managed to skate backwards and not fall on his butt. I could barely skate forward and not fall. I didn't ever fall, but the opportunities to become acquainted with the floor were plentiful.

Me and some random kid. He was showing off. I was trying to stay upright. All in all, it was a fun night. I couldn't believe kids still did this, but there was a good amount of kids there. The one thing I found funny was we were skating to hip-hop, which isn't the first kind of music that comes to mind when I think about skating rinks. I'll take my Phil Collins and Madonna any day of the week. That shows my age, huh?

3 comments:

dixonfamily said...

GREAT PICTURES!!!! The roller skating looked so fun. It has been years since I've done that. I'm impressed that you didn't fall and that Karl can skate backwards!! I laughed out loud when I saw the pics of Karl standing on the kitchen counter!! Hilarious!!

jess dixon said...

Hahaha Karl is hilarious, I love it. For some reason rollerskates are hard for me to be coordinated on too; I'd take rollerblades over rollerskates any day.

The Mostess said...

Actually, the fact that you remember skating on skates with 4 wheels shows your age...ingkkup