Monday, February 23, 2009

I am officially certified... in nothing.

I have gone crazy, to the point I think Karl has considered checking me into a crazy house. When asked if I could call in sick and get away with it, he said, "Don't worry, you're not lying. You need mental help."
I passed the LEED test this morning. To say this is HUGE would be an understatement. I have driven myself nuts with this test. And it means nothing to my career or my well being. Why Christine and I went to such stressful places over this we will never understand. Christine was my counterpart in this struggle. If not for her going through it with me, I would have quit a long time ago. She says the same about me. What is funny is we don't even technically work together, she works for the Corps, the customer for my project. The fact that we spent so much time studying together in her office at lunch could be detrimental to me job-wise. But I don't care. I passed the stupid test. And so did she.
So the next few days will be days of recovery, of getting my mind back. And hopefully convincing Karl I am not permanently damaged. I've literally made myself sick over this, which is ridiculous. Whatever the case may be, I am now: Kelli Dixon-Kill, LEED AP.

In my absent-mindedness, we actually did have a fun little weekend two weekends ago. My company had their annual meeting at the Tulalip Hotel & Casino, which is north of Seattle. The entire complex was bulit by my company, so I'm sure they got a good deal. We got three free nights in this place, which I must say was absolutely gorgeous. It was a nice relaxing weekend, which we both needed. Karl kept me away from the tables, which was probably a good thing. We spent a little too much money at the outlet mall, but we did manage to purchase a kettle-corn popcorn maker, which we have been searching for ever since Courtney introduced us to them (thanks Courtney!).

The best moment of the meeting was our "fancy" dinner for employees and guests. While all things are more funny in the moment, this one line made our dinner and still gets us laughing. There is a guy that works out here that is from Salt Lake, but he has this country-boy, meat and potatoes kind of attitude. He's pretty funny, and isn't shy about what he says. While eating our mixed greens salad with an allotment of assorted toppings, he and his wife were noting that we were not eating salad, we were eating weeds. And the more he talked, the more fired up he got. Finally, he yells for all to hear, "I don't want weeds. Give me some iceberg lettuce and friggin tomato!"
To that end, I say have a happy day!

5 comments:

jess dixon said...

Ah Congratulations! That's so awesome.

Thomas Family said...

Congrats! I also hope you are not permanently damaged from this experience. You need a nice game of bowling to help you unwind! And that's awesome that you got a popcorn maker!

Skye said...

holy smokes i'm laughing out loud about the friggin lettuce and tomato! HILARIOUS!!!! I hope you enjoy lots and lots of popcorn and have some time to just relax!!

The Lovells said...

Emerson has the same feelings about salad, only minus the tomato! Mom has started making him his own salad when we have dinner with them, it's sad. Good job on passing the test!

dixonfamily said...

YIPEEE!!! That is awesome!!! Congrats on all your hard work paying off! And seriously, the lettuce and friggin' tomato story is classic!!